What is Built-Up Roofing?
Built-up roofing (BUR) has been used in this country for more than a hundred years, and they’re often referred to as “tar and gravel” roofs. They’re built by applying alternating layers of asphalt or tar that are applied to supporting fabrics attached to the roof, and you apply as many of them as you want (with the final layer being covered by stone or gravel). If they’re installed and maintained correctly, a built-up roofing system can last for four decades and can create a waterproof seal that looks seamless.
Built-up roofing is made of four basic elements, which include:
- A base sheet that’s made of fiberglass or is coated with asphalt.
- Felts or fabrics that are treated with coal or tar.
- A bitumen layer that can be made of asphalt, coal, tar, or lap cement.
- A surfacing component that consists of gravel, asphalt, or any other type of mineral.
- You can apply multiple layers of these elements — all of which are laminated together.
You can apply multiple layers of these elements — all of which are laminated together.
Advantages Of Built-Up Roofing in Corpus Christi
Your Choice for Quality Commercial Roofing In The Coastal Bend!
If you have been looking for one of the best commercial roofing contractors in the Coastal Bend, you should consider working with Phillips Roofing and Restoration. We have a team of experts who can complete your commercial roofing project, and we can do it at a price that you can afford. A roof is one of the most critical components of any property, which is why you want to have the job done by a qualified professional.
If you want more information about how we can help you with your next roofing project, get in touch with us today!